Do you have a wallet? Before you can use a machine, you should have a wallet option in mind (A or B)
A. Learn how to set up a cryptocurrency Digital Wallet here.
B. Use the BTM’s randomly generated Paper Wallet
Step-by-Step directions once you’re at the machine:
For a video on how to buy cryptocurrency, see: How it Works
1. SELECT: “Buy Coins”
2. SELECT: The amount you wish to purchase
3. ENTER: your phone# and then enter the 4-digit PIN# you receive via Text
4. Review and AGREE: to Legal Terms of Service / Terms and Conditions
5. CHOOSE COINS: i.e. Bitcoin, Litecoin, or others (coming soon)
6. SCAN MOBILE WALLET:
1. Do you have a wallet?
7. INSERT CASH: Insert USD bills until you’ve reached the exact amount of cash you would like to exchange for cryptocurrency.
We accept all USD denominations, but a $5 bill must be inserted FIRST (and any denominations, thereafter).
8. PRESS “DONE.” COLLECT RECEIPT
There are many different digital “mobile wallets” to choose from with easy set-up instructions; a few of the more popular and “user friendly” wallets are described as follows:
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT FOR THESE PRODUCTS BY THE COMPANY. EVERYONE SHOULD CONDUCT THEIR OWN DUE DILIGENCE WHEN CHOOSING AND DETERMINING THE BEST CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLETS FOR THEMSELVES. BLOCKCHAIN BTM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY USERS CHOICE(S) OF CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET(S).
No, BlockchainBTM does not support manual entry of addresses.
1.) Depending on which wallet you are using, the wallet, itself, may require 3-6 confirmations before the bitcoin is actually deposit into your wallet and spendable.
2.) You may have a bad internet connection. This may be resolved by either refreshing your wallet, or rebooting your phone or both.
3.) You may have an outdated version of your wallet. This may be resolved by updating the App directly from their website or the App Store.
To do this, you must have a digital wallet. You can download one of the wallets (listed in Question #2). Note: Not all wallets allow import of “private keys” from a paper wallet.
The easiest wallet to download (and to do this) is Blockchain Wallet. Instructions are as follows:
How to set up a Bitcoin Wallet and transfer your bitcoins to it:
(Sending bitcoins to your wallet)
1. Go to Blockchain.info , and create new wallet.
2. Login and click "Import / Export", and then "I understand".
3. Near the bottom of the page, you will see "Import Using Paper Wallet", and under it, "Scan with webcam". Click "Scan with webcam”.
4. It will ask you for the private key; in the input box you will see a small QR code. Clicking it will open your webcam. Scan the private key side of your paper wallet, with your webcam, and it will automatically pull all the coins off the paper wallet and deposit them into your new Blockchain Wallet.
You should immediately see a “notification" of your new balance in the wallet. It should take approximately 10 to 30 minutes to be fully “confirmed.”
|AMOUNT p./ 24hr||TRANSACTION REQUIREMENTS|
|$5 to $200||YOUR Mobile Phone Number|
|$201 to $3000||YOUR Phone Number and Driver's License|
|Over $3000||Click here for purchases over $3,000|
|DAILY LIMIT IS $3,000|